Dual Degree Program with McHenry County College
The Dual Degree Program is an early college program created through a collaborative partnership between McHenry County College (MCC) and Woodstock Community Unit School District 200. The program provides academically motivated students enrolled in District 200 an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an Associate of Arts degree simultaneously. During their four years of school, students will take a combination of Dual Credit courses offered through District 200 at each high school and MCC courses offered at the McHenry County College campus.
Students apply and are selected for this program during the 1st semester of 9th grade.
Dual Degree Program Orientation
Dual Degree orientation meetings will be held as follows:
• WNHS • Nov. 30 at 7:00 p.m. in Room D187
• WHS • Dec. 5 at 7:00 p.m. in the LRC (Library)
Student Application Process 2023 (Class of 2027)
The ideal candidate for the Dual Degree Program is a student who has consistently demonstrated a strong commitment to their academics. In order to qualify for some of the coursework, students will need to take placement tests in English and math. Due to the nature of those placement tests, it is recommended that students be enrolled in Geometry, or show a strong proficiency in Algebra I, during their Freshman year. If you have questions about whether or not this is a good fit, students and families are encouraged to meet with their high school counselor. To hear directly from our students about their experience in the Dual Degree Program, please click here.
Dual Degree process: Please be sure to fill out all of the following forms. If all forms are not completed, the application will be considered incomplete. The application window will be open from October 12 until 5:00 p.m. on November 12, 2023.
- Step 1: Attend Informational Meeting on Thursday, Oct. 12 at 7:00pm.
- Step 2: Application Process (DOCUMENTS WILL OPEN ON OCTOBER 12 AFTER THE MEETING AND CLOSE ON NOVEMBER 12)
A completed application would include the following documents. All documents must be submitted for your application to be considered complete.
- Step 3: Review of applications by Counselors and Administrators
- Step 4: Notification of who was accepted into the program — Mailed by Nov. 14, 2023
- Step 5: Orientation for the Dual Degree participants and families — Dec. 5, 2023
Please contact Shannon Landwehr with any questions.
Director of School Counseling / Dual Degree Counselor