Fee for Service Busing
Families who live outside 1.5 miles from their assigned school may be eligible for fee busing. Fee busing is permitted if a current route is available and there is room on the bus. The cost for this service is $76.00 one way and $152.00 round trip per semester. Please contact the Transportation Department 815-338-4777 for eligibility and more information.
Request for Special Transportation Servcies (Fee Based Busing)
Woodstock Community Unit School District 200 is pleased to offer “Special Transportation Services” (Fee Based) for students and their families who are traditionally not eligible for Transportation Services. Specific criteria must be met in order for a student to be considered eligible for the Fee Based Transportation Services. The criteria include, but are not limited to the following:
- The addition of the student must be made to an existing bus route. No new routes will be added to accommodate the special request.
- The addition of the student to the bus route does not require any bus stops being added to the pre-determined bus route.
- The addition of the student to the bus route will not place an undue burden on the route in terms of the bus’ student capacity.
- No students in grades 1-12 residing within one and a half (1.5) miles from their school of attendance will be eligible for regular or fee based transportation services.
- All Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Early Childhood Special Education students receive District 200 transportation services. (Students in the Pre-Kindergarten Tuition program pay for Transportation service.)
- Exceptions to Item #4 above include the following service options:
- If a student resides less than one and a half (1.5) miles from their home school (walkers), and they have a babysitter or Day Care address which is either in or out of their home school attendance area, and beyond the 1.5 mile limit from their home school, they may be eligible to receive Fee Based Transportation Services, if criteria #1-4 above are met.
- If a student resides more than one and a half (1.5) miles from their school of attendance (bus riders), and they have a babysitter or Day Care address which is outside of their school of attendance area, and beyond the 1.5 mile limit from their home school, they may be eligible to receive Fee Based Transportation Services, if criteria #1-4 above are met.
- If a student is assigned to a different school for programming purposes and their babysitter resides outside of their home attendance area and outside of their assigned school attendance area for programming purposes and is beyond the 1.5 mile limit from their assigned school, they may be eligible to receive Fee Based Transportation Services, if Criteria #1-4 above are met.
- All inquiries regarding Requests for Special Transportation Services (Fee Based) should be directed to:
District 200 Transportation Department Route Supervisor
11401 Charles Road
Woodstock, IL 60098
District 200 Fee Based Transportation Services approval is based on all applicable criteria being met. All requests will be processed in the order received. Due to the volume of requests, particularly at the beginning of a new school year, approval may take up to one week to determine eligibility.