How did we get here? A lesson in WHS history
October 25, 1919 — voters of a 4-township area (Dorr, Seneca, Hartland, and Greenwood) voted overwhelmingly to create a Community High School district.
While the school community dates back further and was once housed in the building where Woodstock City Hall now stands, the South Street building opened in 1921.
Five additions were built onto the original structure. The first, in 1939, included a swimming pool. Other additions were made in the 1950s with areas for graphic arts, an auto shop, a gymnasium, more classrooms and a music area. Another addition on the western portion of the building was constructed in the 1970s and other renovations took place over the remaining decades.