High School Remote Learning Guidelines
What can you expect from our remote learning plan?
- Consistent Daily schedule for students
- 2 hours and 30 minutes of Live (synchronous) instruction and a total of 5 hours of daily instruction.
- Special education and related services will be provided in conjunction with the student’s teacher and/or in intervention groups outside of general instruction, depending on each student’s IEP.
Grading and Attendance
- Grading will be used based on formative and summative assessments from both live assessment and completed work. Teachers will follow the established grading policies and procedures outlined in their class syllabus. Attendance will be taken at all synchronous meetings.
Material Distribution and Chromebook Pick-Up
- Materials for learning will be provided to all high school students. In addition, those students who do not have a Chromebook will be assigned one. Families will be asked to pick up their student’s supplies. More information regarding scheduling a pick up time will be provided by your child’s school in the coming week.
Food distribution will continue to be offered for those families in need Monday-Friday from 11 am -1 pm at each school building and select community locations.
Students will receive technology support via ZenDesk or by emailing the technology department. Internet access hotspots will continue to be available for families in need to ensure access in the 2020/2021 school year.
Video resources will be available to assist parents and caregivers with:
- Accessing their bookmarks
- Logging onto the Chromebook
- Access their Google Meetings