Olson Parent Guide to Asynchronous Fridays
Every other Friday, teachers will be given the opportunity to provide extra support to students who might be falling behind, or just need some extra time with the teacher.
Please see the document linked below for more information about Asynchronous Fridays and what it means for your student.
K-5 Elementary Remote Learning Guidelines
What can you expect from our remote learning plan?
- Consistent Daily schedule for students
- Instructional day will consist of 5 hours of daily instruction, including 2 hours and 30 minutes of Live (synchronous) instruction.
- Small Group instruction will be provided by classroom teacher based upon the needs of students
- Students will receive weekly art, STEM, PE, music and library lessons
- Differentiated Small group enrichment and interventions will be provided to identified students
- Special education and related services will be provided in conjunction with the student’s teacher and/or in intervention groups outside of general instruction, depending on each student’s IEP.
Grading and Attendance
- Standards based grading will be used based on formative and summative assessments from both live assessment and completed work.
Family Connection Days
- A family connection day is an opportunity for families to connect with their classroom teacher before the first student instructional day. Teachers will schedule a live virtual meeting with every family to get to know one another, discuss the needs of the student, and explain the learning schedule for the eLearning time.
Learning Kits and Chromebook Pick Up
- Hands-on learning kits will be provided to all elementary students. In addition, those students who do not have a Chromebook will be assigned one. More information regarding scheduling a pick up time will be provided by your child’s school in the coming week.
Food distribution will continue to be offered for those families in need Monday-Friday from 11 am - 1 pm at each school building and select community locations.
- A digital device for every individual student. Internet access hotspots will continue to be available for families in need to ensure access in the 2020/2021 school year. Video resources will be available to assist parents and caregivers with:
- Accessing their bookmarks
- Logging onto the Chromebook
- Access their Google Meetings