Fall Reopening Plan for 2020-21
The following is District 200’s plan for the Fall of the 2020-2021 school year. Schedules and details can be found below.
The plan was developed according to guidelines set forth this summer by the Illinois State Board of Education. District 200 has adapted its plan to create the safest learning environment possible as the COVID-19 pandemic continues while also providing in person instruction.
Classroom instruction will operate under a blended learning approach with morning and afternoon shifts. All students and staff must wear face coverings throughout the school day and while riding District buses.
- In-school lessons with corresponding at-home eLearning shifts will be held Monday through Thursday throughout the school week.
- Students have been assigned AM or PM in-school shifts.
- Fridays will be remote eLearning days across the district.
- Parents do have the option of full-time eLearning.
- Elementary and middle school parents have the option of their child remaining at school for the entire school day.
Employing shifts allows us to maintain social distancing by reducing the number of students in school at the same time. Shifts also allow more breaks for students who are wearing masks throughout the day.
Parents must complete the survey they should have received on Thursday, July 16 to detail preferences for their child by Wednesday, July 22. Parents who choose to have their children participate in eLearning only will be required to indicate that request on the survey. Transportation options are also included in the survey. If you have not received a survey, please email email@example.com.