Class of 2022
Senior Meetings and Individual Appointments
On Friday, August 27, seniors attended the fall counselor presentation. This presentation highlighted senior timeline for planning after high school. During this presentation counselors outline the appropriate next steps for various post-secondary educational and training goals, including college applications, meeting with military representatives, applying to trade schools, as well as the financial aid process and resources to use for scholarship opportunities. The presentation and corresponding senior form can be found here: Senior Presentation Fall 2021 Senior Appointment Form (with links)
Throughout September counselors are meeting 1-1 with seniors to help students with individual planning. Students and parents are encouraged to continue to meet with their counselor as needed to help with future planning.
Upcoming ACT & SAT Dates
Seniors who want to improve their SAT score or take the ACT need to register for a national test date.
ACT – Register and find test dates at www.actstudent.org
The first step for any senior is to apply for the FAFSA starting October 1. Please see the Financial Aid & Scholarship tab for more information.
Brag sheet to request Letters of Recommendation (please give recommenders at least 2 weeks to write your letter)
Events for Seniors
- Early September - Senior appointments begin
- Friday, October 1, 2021 - FAFSA & Alternative Application Opens
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 - MTI Career Expo at McHenry High School - 6:00 - 8:00pm
- Thursday, October 7, 2021 - MCC College Fair - 5:30 - 7:30pm
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 - ASVAB career exploration exam - also used by the military for placement (results interpreted in Dec)
- Friday, December 17 - Last day of semester 1 finals